Happy Monday! I can’t believe it is already Thanksgiving this week, this year is flying by! I wanted to share an easy recipe that is one of my go-to’s in the Fall and Winter. It also makes great leftovers and is healthy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 10 oz sweet potato, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/3 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in skillet pan over medium-high.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Cook turkey until brown, stirring occasionally.
- While turkey is cooking, cut up the pepper, onion, and sweet potato (I buy my sweet potato already cubed).
- When turkey is cooked through, add onion, pepper, salt, and pepper and stir.
- A few minutes later, add the sweet potato and stir. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 10 minutes or when sweet potato is tender.
- Turn heat down to low and sprinkle cheese over skillet. Allow cheese to melt before serving.
(thanks to Pinterest for the recipe inspiration)
I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving full of yummy food and family time!
– M –