Happy Monday! We can not believe this week is the official start of Fall! While we think Summer went by a little too fast, we are excited for the football, scarves and booties, and delicious recipes that come along with Fall.
What better way to start off Fall with a warm and cozy meal that is also healthy and easy! We wanted to share a perfect meal for chilly day that includes white chicken chili and grilled peaches with ice cream for dessert.
White Chicken Chili
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used reduced sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie works great!)
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, shredded cheese, sour cream
- Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, water, beans, salsa verde, and cumin into large pot.
- Heat ingredients over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least five minutes.
- Serve warm with desires toppings and enjoy!
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream
- 3 peaches, halved
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits
- Brush with a light layer of olive oil
- Heat the grill to medium heat and place the peaches with the cut side down on the grill
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn the peaches slightly to create hashed grill marks
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and remove the peaches from the grill
- Top with a light drizzle of honey and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
We hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did! Happy Fall everyone!
– A & M –