Happy 4th! I hope you had a fun weekend filled with good food, drinks and sun like I did. Kevin and I did a little staycation at a resort in Scottsdale, and enjoyed some pool time and relaxation together.
We’ve been cooking together quite a bit lately, and I found one of our favorite recipes on a cooking blog, Creme de la Crumb. Her grilled salmon with mango salsa recipe is delicious and perfect for a summer cookout.
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 mangos, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Dice mango, red pepper, onion, jalapeño and cilantro. Mix in a small bowl and set aside
- Mix garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper for the salmon rub
- Use the rub to cover the tops and sides of the salmon filets
- Grill salmon over medium heat, 6-8 minutes on each side
- Squeeze lime juice over the salmon and top with the mango salsa
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Have a great rest of the week!
– A –